He is The Master. He is the Pioneer. When he speaks, you better shut up!
And look what he says:
– A word to the wise is infuriating.
– For every moment of triumph, for every instance of beauty, many souls must be trampled.
– Going to trial with a lawyer who considers your whole life-style a Crime in Progress is not a happy prospect.
– I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they’ve always worked for me.
– If I’d written all the truth I knew for the past ten years, about 600 people – including me – would be rotting in prison cells from Rio to Seattle today. Absolute truth is a very rare and dangerous commodity in the context of professional journalism.
– If you’re going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you’re going to be locked up.
– In a closed society where everybody’s guilty, the only crime is getting caught. In a world of thieves, the only final sin is stupidity.
– It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top.
– No man is so foolish but he may sometimes give another good counsel, and no man so wise that he may not easily err if he takes no other counsel than his own. He that is taught only by himself has a fool for a master.
– Politics is the art of controlling your environment.
– The Edge… there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
– The person who doesn’t scatter the morning dew will not comb gray hairs.
– When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
– You better take care of me Lord, if you don’t you’re gonna have me on your hands.
Is not it a little prayer manual?